SoCal Trip

We took about 2 weeks off to spend some time with our family. I had a lot of family events happening and we wanted to hang. We did mix a few touristy things in. If you would like to skip down to just the touristy stuff, they have attached links. Enjoy!



Friday, May 24 - Shakey’s Graduation Dinner: We flew in and Bana was sweet enough to scoop us up from Long Beach. We hung out with my cousins visiting from Arizona before dinner. My aunt just had her house remodeled and the graduation dinner was there. Shake graduated from Cal State Long Beach with a degree in economics and an emphasis in mathematics. He’s currently job hunting, so let me know if you have anything for him. They had a taco cart and everything was amazing. 



Saturday, May 25 - Dhalia’s 2nd Birthday: We drove to the most adorable park in Riverside for Dhalia’s Moana themed birthday. It was a beautiful day. Later we headed over to Huntington Beach to have dinner with K’s Family. We had wanted Mario’s but the wait was north of an hour so we settled for Hashigo’s Sushi. The highlights for me were the cold sake, this sushi pizza appetizer, and the crunchy shrimp tempura roll. 



Sunday, May 26 - Aladdin: We had breakfast with K’s parents and helped around the house before heading to downtown Culver City to watch Disney's new Aladdin with my cousins. I cannot stress enough how much I love Downtown Culver. Also, the popcorn was delicious, everything you hope movie theater popcorn to be. Some die-hard fans even dressed up like cast members. 


Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day: This day went by so quick. We did an escape room with my mom and it was her first one ever. She loved it. It was jungle themed and we escaped with 50 seconds to spare. Also, the game master gave us unlimited hints so did we really escape in time? Later we met up with K’s college friends for happy hour at Rush Street in downtown Culver. Then we met my college friends for dinner also at Rush. The food was okay and the service was awful. The only thing they did right was the drinks. 

 

Tuesday, May 28 - Griffith Park: We slept in and met my mom at Griffith Park for lunch. K and I brought Islands (I love their Moa Kai). K and I hiked to Amir’s Garden. We drove by the Griffith Observatory, these beautiful homes, and finally ended at the Hollywood Reservoir


Wednesday, May 29 - Huntington Beach: We listened to our book on CD, “The Pact”. It was very good. We drove back to Huntington Beach and had lunch at K’s parents’ house. We spent some time by the pool and hot tub. Then met K’s family at Mario’s. It was very good.  

Thursday, May 30 - Pacific City + Fullerton: K went surfing with his dad. They were back by the time I woke up. We had breakfast and hung out. Then my cousin, Shay, met us for lunch at Pacific City. We ate at Simmzy’s and I loved the California Chicken Sandwich. K had a flight of beers. We shopped a bit and hung out with my uncle before following Shay to Fullerton to see her new home. She and her bf took us to their favorite Thai place. It was a great day. 

Friday, May 31 - Dockweiler Beach: We took my grandma to her doctor’s appointment then got ready for our bonfire. We set up at the beach around 4. All the pits had been taken (by 2) so we joined in with a small group of new high school graduates. They were so sweet and happy for us to join. We shared our food and firewood. Our friends and family joined us around 7 and we roasted hot dogs and smores. We drank and sang. It was another great day! 



Saturday, June 1 - Family Time: We had lunch with my aunt and cousin before they flew to Europe at the proud bird. Then we drove to Huntington to have dinner with K’s parents. It was very good. We watched Coco then headed home. 


Sunday, June 2 - Remodel: We have been meeting with contractors to decide which company we would like to do my mom’s home remodel. We had reserved this day for a bulk of it. 

Monday, June 3 - Nani’s Birthday: We took my grandma to her doctor’s appointment and got her subway for lunch. We hung out with my high school friend VanĂ© for a few hours before heading back to my grandma’s for dinner. 

Tuesday, June 4 - Eid!




Wednesday, June 5 - Eid Continued: We headed to my grandma’s and aunt’s homes to take part in some Eid shenanigans. 

Thursday, June 6 - Fly Home to Oakland